- Spirulina has inhabited the world for over 2.4 billion years
- Rich in protein
- Helps to build muscle mass and support immunity
- Organic, gluten-free, kosher and vegan
- Allergens: contains naturally occurring Sulphites
- How do I use it?
- Quality & Provenance
- Why is it good for me?
- Find out more
How do I use it?
Quality & Provenance
Quality & Provenance:
The fierce spirulina thrives in a hostile environment, deadly to most microorganisms. So it can be organically farmed without need for chemical pesticides to sterilise it. Ours is grown on an island in the South China Sea – surrounded by rich forest, protected from urban or agricultural pollution.
We rigorously test for mercury, lead and other contaminants, guaranteeing a pure product without risk of heavy metal poisoning. We also test the growing ponds daily for pH value and optical density.
Spirulina is harvested with a fine mesh-screen that captures the small coiled filaments from the water. It’s then sieved and transferred to a washing pond, before being washed over a mesh-screen, ensuring that only pure spirulina is processed. This wet spirulina is placed in a drying chamber which quickly evaporates all the moisture, while preserving the nutrient content, leaving the fine green powder which we package for you.
Why is it good for me?
Why is it good for me?
- Source of thiamine (vitamin B1) which contributes to the normal function of the nervous system, normal psychological function and the normal function of the heart
- Rich in protein which contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- Bursting with vitamin A which contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) & manganese which contribute to the protection from oxidative stress
- Contains iron which contributes to the normal transport of oxygen around the body and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Source of calcium which contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones
Find out more
Great product . Use it for my breakfast
I initially put a whole teaspoon in my evening soup which was too much as it overwhelmed my soup. Since then I add half the amount. Within 48 hours of taking Spirulina I noticed that I was not sluggish, I had more energy and my sinuses were less blocked. I'm going to continue taking it daily for a month and try time without it to see how I feel. My sister told me that it impacts the body on a cellular level and it certainly feels this way to me :-)
Lovely powder, great for mixing with my breakfast.
Many health benefits and organic! A great addition in smoothies :)